Girls have 3 options:
Burke Connolly Beginner Skirt Costume (Skirt, Shawl & Embroidered long-sleeved Leotard);
Burke Connolly Dress Costume; or
ALL BLACK (The PRE-Costume) - Black long-sleeved Leotard & Black Opaque Skirt that hits 3-4” above the knees.
Poodle Socks- champion ankle length only!! No knee socks :) Click HERE to order.
Boys also have several options:
• Main Costume: Black Dress Pants, Black Dress Shirt & Black Dress Socks
• Lime Green Tie or Bow-tie (Optional Add-on for beginners)
• Burke Connolly Vest (Optional Add-on for beginners)
**WHEN NOT PERFORMING, ALL DANCERS SHOULD WEAR BURKE CONNOLLY SPIRITWEAR!**
Girls’ hair should be curled. You can curl hair naturally or purchase a wig.
NATURAL CURLS: Curl hair using sponge rollers or pin curls. HOW TO VIDEO on curling Hair with sponge rollers.
Start with DRY hair
Use SMALL sections of hair (The smaller the section of hair, the tighter the curl!)
Use Mousse (they don’t in the video. That will not hold!)
Do not twist the hair before rolling into the curler. That’s a different look.
Sleep in curlers overnight.
Take all curlers out the following morning.
DO NOT brush the curls out. They should be tight.
Put hair in half pony tail, creating volume at front of head
Separate each curl into 3 smaller curls
Spray with aerosol hairspray
WIGS: Please talk with your teacher about which wig is preferred, as styles change.
HAIR ACCESSORIES: Burke Connolly Headband. Ask your teacher for the contact (orders take several weeks to Fill!!)
Note: Bows are permitted on beginner dancers ages 6 and under ONLY.
Boys hair should be Clean and Neat and remain out of the eyes while dancing.
Beginner & Advanced Beginners:
• NO make-up is permitted on Beginners under the age of 12.
• Light make-up, consisting of light blush, lipstick or lip gloss, and neutral basic eye make-up (no crazy colors like blue!) may be worn on Beginners ages 12 & Over.